RECIPE FOR PRESS: Pitch Your Story Like the Pros and Create a Buzz!
Learn How to Pitch and Score Great Media Coverage... On Your Own!
- What makes a pitch irresistible to press?
- How long should my pitch be? What does a great product shot look like? How do I find the editor or blogger’s contact?
- Can I anticipate what editors are looking for?
- When do I pitch and follow-up?
- What one word should be front and center in every pitch?
- When do I send samples to editors?How do I prepare for my interview?
- Should I participate in editorial giveaways?
- How do I create an organized media strategy?
- Why do some people get all of the press and how can I become one of them?
Contributor to some of the biggest magazines on the newsstand and online (Lucky, InStyle, Country Living, Better Homes & Gardens, Daily Candy, Conde Nast Traveler, Design Sponge and Refinery 29) Amy Flurry answers these questions and more and talks frankly about what editors need (and what they don’t need) to give you an inside edge on landing press. Amy features Q&A’s with industry leaders who do their own publicity including textile designer Amy Butler and James Beard Foundation award-winning cookbook author and chef Hugh Acheson, plus shares pitch templates and checklists. She shows you how to develop a media strategy and build meaningful relationships with editors that will keep them coming back.